Orla is one of Ireland’s most inspiring females within the fitness community. She is an IFBB Fitness Competitor & Ms Fitness Ireland 2014. Renowned for her awesome abs all year round, you too can take the first step to killer abs here. Use this easy guide to create the perfect ab workout which works upper abs, lower abs and obliques!
Lower abs: Target by raising your legs with a stable upper body.
Exercises: Hanging leg raises, decline-bench reverse crunches, mountain climbers.
Upper abs: Target by stabilizing your lower torso and draw your upper body toward it.
Exercises: Rope cable crunches, decline- bench crunches, machine crunches.
Obliques: The obliques run along the sides of your six pack.
Exercises: Captain chairs obliques raises, cable wood choppers, decline bench, Russian twist
BUILDING A WORKOUT
- Choose an Exercise – one from each category – and do 4 sets of each
- Rest 30-60 seconds between sets
- Choose a resistance that lets you reach muscle failure in the 12 – 15 rep range
- For obliques movements, use a light weight and aim for 20 reps
- Perform Russian twists for time not reps – 40 -60 seconds